Friday, September 2, 2011

17-19 weeks & It's a....

I know it has been a while but here is a little update!  The pregnancy is still going really well and the time is flying by!  I can’t believe we are already almost ½ way through this pregnancy.  I think Luke is getting excited because he keeps bringing me his book about being a big brother and asking me to read it to him.  I am thankful we haven't had any complications and that I am feeling great!  Here are some pictures of me -
 17 Weeks

 19 Weeks

We had an appointment on 8/19 at Stork Vision near our house for a gender determination and we got a CD with about 20-30 pictures from our 2D/3D sonogram.  It was a great experience and we are planning to do a 3D/4D sonogram later in the pregnancy.  We found out at the appointment that we are having a BOY!!!!!  We didn’t have any preference but we are excited to know.  We already had names picked out for either gender but his name is Kurt Michael Miller.
Here are a couple of pics from our appointment –
 Kurt rubbing his eyes


 Full body profile

 Waving to us!

Nice long legs & its a boy!

We went to Texas for the weekend and shared the news of the gender with family.  I think they all predicted a girl so I think they were a little surpised.  We found a cute picture frame that said It’s a Boy, put a sonogram picture in it, wrapped it, and Luke gave it to them when we visited.  It was fun to share our news and here is a picture of our gift –

We also bought our first thing for Kurt that evening.  It was the first thing hanging in his closet and I couldn’t pass up this onesie (it looks white but it is really baby blue) –

We had a Dr. appointment on 8/25.  First they did a sonogram and then we had a failed attempt at taking my blood.  Kurt looked great on the sonogram – we confirmed he was a boy and looked at all of his body parts!  His heartrate was 142 and I was up a total of 4 lbs now.  Mommy and Kurt are healthy and we go back on 9/30 at 23 weeks!