Saturday, August 13, 2011

16 Weeks

We are 16 weeks pregnant now and still doing well!  We are so excited that we are having a sonogram this Friday (8/19) to find out the gender of our baby!  We really don’t have any preference but we can’t wait to know and start making plans.  I also like being able to refer to the baby by name which we can start doing in 6 more days!  I’ve started showing a lot more and I now have strangers asking me about the baby.  I’ve also started feeling the baby a lot more.  The baby used to feel like little tickles in my belly but now it feels more like pushing around.  Mike can’t feel the movement on the outside yet but I’m sure that will come soon since baby should be in a growth spurt during the next few weeks.  I am still able to wear my regular pants/shorts but I am mostly wearing all maternity shirts.  I don’t know if I’ve gained any weight yet but I think I might be up just a pound or two.  Our next Dr. appointment is scheduled for 8/25 so I will find out my weight, another sonogram, the results of my blood work, and get more blood taken.  Here is a picture of me at 16 weeks -