Only a few more days until Kurt’s due date! This Thursday is his due date and I can’t believe it is almost time for his big arrival. We are so excited to get to meet and see our little guy for the first time. This weekend we walked 3 miles each day to try to encourage him but no luck yet. We go to the Dr. each Thursday and have an appointment scheduled for this week if he hasn’t arrived yet. At our last appointment we were already between 2-3cm. dilated so anything can happen. I was at 23lbs for weight gain which is below my target but still really good. I think it’s funny because 23lbs is the exact same amount of weight that I gained when I was prego with Luke. I have been more tired lately but I think a lot of that is trying to finish my extensive list of things to do before baby which includes things like packing for the hospital, washing all of Kurt’s clothes, assembling baby gear, etc but also a lot of things around the house and errands that I want to get finished before his arrival. I know I’m not going to be able to have it all done but we prioritized and I am happy with what we did get done. At our 38 week checkup our Dr. decided to send us for a sonogram after our appointment which worried me that something was wrong or some reason for concern. The Dr. just wanted to check and get a good estimate on Kurt’s size since Luke was born big @ 22in/8lb6oz and he didn’t think my belly was measuring that big and expected a smaller baby this time. It was great getting to peek at Kurt one more time and it was good news that Kurt looked healthy but they just don’t expect him to be as big. We just want Kurt to be healthy and our Dr. assured us he looked great but said that he would just be more the size of baby he would expect from somebody my size! However, he also said it is just an estimate of size and could vary so basically we really don’t know until he arrives! We hope Kurt will come see us soon : )
Here is a pic of me from this weekend…right at 39 ½ weeks…
