Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gymnastics

Luke started taking a gymnastics class in October and our 1st session ends this week.  Since Luke isn’t 3 years old yet his class is a mommy and me and we both really enjoy going.  I have been taking Luke during the day while Mike is working but with Kurt’s arrival soon we have decided to switch to an evening class so we can both be there and take turns with Luke and Kurt.  I have really enjoyed watching Luke over the last few months because he has become so much more brave and confident.  I remember the first class he was very cautious about trying out some of the new things and equipment but I think he does it all now without hesitation.  Luke liked his teacher this time and I know we won’t be with her during our next session but I hope he likes his new teacher just as much!  There are several classes going on at the same time but we have different rotations that change every 10-15 minutes during our 1 hour class.  His favorite activity is the tunnel which is built underneath the big trampoline and is tall enough for him to stand up and run in.  He also really likes the zip line, the rock climbing walls, and the foam block pit.  We did have one incident where another boy in Luke’s class ran into him on the trampoline and gave Luke a black eye (check out the pics at the end!).  I felt so bad for Luke and it looked terrible.  It may sound silly but I even worried about taking him out in public and what people might think.  I hoped Luke wouldn’t be scared to go back to class the following week and was relieved that he didn’t seem to care or remember!  The pictures aren’t great since they are from my phone while Luke was in action but here are a few –

Loves to run/jump on the big trampoline into the foam pit at the far end!

Anything to do with a tunnel is a hit!

Putting the balls down the tube...

Parachute time!


Here is my poor Luke shortly after the trampoline accident :( 

 Here is Luke the next day, it looked so swollen and colorful :(