And here is what we did last week…
On 7/25/11 we were busy unpacking from our trip and catching up on errands and chores that we didn’t get to do over the weekend because we were gone. That night was fun because I went to my first Mom’s night out with some friends. It was fun to have a girls night out and try a new restaurant. They had picked a Mexican restaurant that overlooks the lake and the food was really good! I like that most of the Mexican restaurants here offer free salsa and queso to start as well as free sopapillas at the end. It was fun but I like coming home to see my guys!
On 7/27/11 I took Luke to the OKC Zoo. They are running a special for July and August so admission is only $1 and Luke is still free. They also have a sea lion show that is only $1 on Wednesdays too. We got there at 9am and only stayed until noon because it was so hot. We started out with the playground, then the Sea Lion show, then walked around to see a lot of the animals, then stopped for a little snack/lunch, and then we went to the splash park to cool off. It was fun but we were both hot and tired. Here are some pics –
Playing at the zoo park
He loves to see the fish!
Sea lion show
Luke loves the water : )
On 7/28/11 we met our friends Linde and Logan at the library in the morning for a little musical show. The boys loved the music and even got up and danced a few times! In the afternoon, we met some friends at a new self serve yogurt place in Edmond called Berri Licious. We love that they have several of these types of places around Edmond . You get your own bowl and then there are about 10-12 different flavors of yogurt and you can get as much and as many flavors as you want. They also offer a toppings bar that is also self serve. They charge you by the weight of your bowl. I got yogurt and then I bought a cinnamon cookie for Luke since I think I have the only kid that won’t eat ice cream/frozen yogurt. Then it was time to head home and start dinner. I am clumsy (I blame it on my pregnancy!) and when I opened the pantry a glass bottle of olive oil fell and broke all over the tile. Just my luck! Luckily Mike was headed home and could help my clean it up and keep Luke out of the way. See my mess –
On 7/29/11 we went to Katie’s house with another friend to make homemade bubbles! We made the bubbles, let the boys play with them, and then headed down to their community pool to cool off! Luke loved stirring the bubbles and playing with them but it sure was messy. We had a lot of fun at their pool but my poor little guy slipped and bumped his head on the concrete pretty bad. I was so worried but he is fine. He loves to jump off the edge to me and when he got out of the pool from the steps he was letting go of my hand for just a couple of steps…after doing this a dozen times…I told him this was the last jump before we needed to leave…and sure enough, that was when he fell. Poor baby : ( After putting some ice on it, we headed home. Daddy was home shortly after us and we headed to our 14 week dr checkup. Then we stopped to buy some cupcakes at Gigi’s for my friend Mallory coming in town and it was her birthday. After Luke’s nap we decided to treat ourselves to a dinner out and went to P.F. Chang’s, even Luke liked it except he still hates the rice. Our friends Mallory and Brady arrived late that night so we didn’t get to see them until morning!
Here are some pics of Luke and his friends making and playing with bubbles -
Luke's turn to stir
Luke loved stirring the bubbles
Playing with the bubbles
Luke has bubbles in his hair!
Playing with Wesley and Eli
Luke popping the bubbles
On 7/30/11 I took Mallory out for lunch to celebrate her birthday a few days early! Then we went shopping for a few hours which was fun since it was just the 2 of us! We finally made it home around 5 and I headed out for dinner with Sami and Katie to celebrate Sami’s 30th birthday later this week. It was a fun and busy day but I think I ate too much and then we had cupcakes after I got home to top it all off. I sure am glad I got weighed in at the dr the day before : )
On 7/31/11 Mallory and Brady had to head back to Texas but we enjoyed a late breakfast out before they left. Then we did some grocery shopping and errands but mostly we just wanted to relax so that is what we did! Luke took a nap, mommy did too, and daddy finished his book he has been reading. Time to start another busy week : )














